|Banana Halwa @Ruchikerala|
Ripe banana - 5
Ghee - 4 tsp
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
Cashew nuts - few
1) Peel the bananas and mash it with a wooden spatula as nicely as possible. Even if there are slight lumps its fine as it will eventually get cooked. The bananas I used are the normal ones which we get here in walmart in US (not the plantains).
2) Heat a non stick pan and pour the ghee.
3) Now add the mashed bananas and cook it for about 15 mins stirring in between.
4) Now add the sugar and continue stirring to make sure that it doesn't stick to the bottom.
5) After about 35 mins (from the start when banana was added to the pan) it will start turning to a nice brown color. Now add the cardamom powder and mix well.Switch off the stove.
6) Grease a plate with half a teaspoon of ghee and then pour this. Level this up and place the cashew nuts.
7) When it is cool (almost after an hour, if you have patience !) cut this into desired shapes.
1) The key here is to make sure that it doesn't stick to the bottom , so I highly recommend using a non-stick pan and also stirring often.
2) Do not add too much cardamom powder or it will reduce the flavor of banana.
3) Reduce the quantity of sugar to say 1/2 cup if u don't like too much of sweet.