|Semiya Upma @Ruchikerala|
Semolina (Semiya) - 1 cup
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Onion - 1
Chana dal - 2 tsp
Urad dal - 1 tsp
Red chilly -2
Frozen vegetables (I used carrot + corn + beans + green peas + lima beans) - 1 cup
Tomato - 2 small
Curry leaves - 2 springs
Ginger - 1.5 tsp
Garlic - 1 tsp
Green chilly - 4
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala powder- 1/2 tsp
Water - 1.5 cup + 1 tbsp
1) Fry the semolina in a little oil or ghee till its golden brown. Or you can buy the roasted semolina itself. I actually used that since its easy.
2) Pour some oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add cumin seeds, chana dal, urad dal, curry leaves, red chilly, green chilly, ginger and garlic. Fry it for 2 min.
3) Add onion and fry till it turns golden brown.
4) Meanwhlie microwave the frozen vegetables with little water for about 5 mins.
5) Now add the frozen veggies and tomato.
4) Then add turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder and stir fry for 5 min.
5) Add salt as required and add water (1.5 cups + 1 tbsp extra for the veggies).
6) When water is about to boil add the semolina and mix well.
7) Fry till the semolina is cooked and the water evaporates.
8) Switch off and serve hot breakfast.